Guest post: 10 facts about CP

 

 

All my life I always get asked the same questions; Why can’t you walk? Why are you in a wheelchair? Are you paralysed? Well here are the answers:

 

I’m in a wheelchair and cannot walk because I have Cerebral Palsy (CP)

 

Facts:

  1. There are several types of CP. Mine is quadriplegic CP – meaning all four limbs are affected.

  2. 70% of people with CP can still walk where the other 30%, like myself, use wheelchairs

  3. CP is a neurological conditions where the brain is damaged at birth, breaking connections to the body

  4. 3 in 4 people with CP experience pain

  5. CP can cause some people to have learning difficulties as well as physical

  6. Early ageing can occur in people with CP

  7. Many people with CP experience spasms & involuntary movement

  8. 1 in 3 people with CP will have hip-displacements

  9. 1 in 4 people with CP have bladder control problems

  10. CP is an incurable condition

 

To find out more about me and my Cerebral Palsy, visit my blog;

Rock For Disability

 

Please reload

Our Recent Posts

April 13, 2020

Please reload

Archive

Please reload

Tags

  • Black Google+ Icon
  • Black Pinterest Icon

 Wellington, New Zealand

©2018 by My Beautiful Trauma. Proudly created with Wix.com